The Public Affairs and Social Issues (PASI) committee is a forum for promoting awareness about critical social issues (especially those related to women) and educating the public about the same. It allows its participants the freedom to debate, discuss and express their views on any relevant topic.
Some of the initiatives of PASI include:
- Educational seminars on issues such as violence against women, rights of the disabled, public affairs such as road safety, traffic regulation, etc.
- Christmas get togethers for commercial sex workers and their children.
- Public and press meetings to garner support for the Women’s Reservation Bill.
- Public campaigns to mobilize support for the abolishment of violence in all forms.
- Campaign for Violence Against Women from 25th November to 10th December.
WOMEN NETWORKING is an informal network of various women’s groups, community organisations and interested individuals, which provide a platform to address women’s issues such as livelihood, labour, violence, food, health and shelter.
WE Action Group is an agglomeration of organizations working towards women, children and human rights since 2015 of which YWCA is a part. The group has worked towards addressing social issues across the city. The participants include NGOs like YWCA of Bombay, 1298, Aasra, Aastha Parivaar, AIDWA, Apnalaya, Bharitya Stree Shakti, CORO, CRH, CSSC, Helpage, Jeevandhara, Kotak Foundation, Kshamta, LEARN, LMKS, Chembur Mahila Mandal, Majlis, MAVA, Pride Age, Ratna Nidhi Charitable Trust, Right to Pee, SHARE, Silver Innings, Watch Foundation, Yuva Parivartan, also local communities, well-wishers and students from across the country. Some of the sessions conducted on topics like GST for NGOs, Rights of the Arrested, Prison Ministry of India, Police Reforms by CHRI, and Relaxation Session by Interplay. Celebration of important days and national festivals.
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace (POSH)
Bombay YWCA is the NGO representative on the Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) of various organisations and conduct training on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace (POSH)