The Public Affairs and Social Issues (PASI) committee is a forum for promoting awareness about critical social issues (especially those related to women) and educating the public about the same. It allows its participants the freedom to debate, discuss and express their views on any relevant topic.
Some of the initiatives of PASI include:
- Educational seminars on issues such as violence against women, rights of the disabled, public affairs such as road safety, traffic regulation, etc.
- Christmas get togethers for commercial sex workers and their children.
- Public and press meetings to garner support for the Women’s Reservation Bill.
- Public campaigns to mobilize support for the abolishment of violence in all forms.
- Campaign for Violence Against Women from 25th November to 10th December.